Fancy dining on the roof of the castle?
This time, we will be staging the event over 4 days, 27th July – 30th July. We will be joined by a different guest chef each evening, offering up a delicious menu!
Steeped in history, the Keep and Black Gate are a rugged reminder of northern England’s turbulent past. This was no baron’s stately home. The Castle was a grim symbol of royal authority, where armies gathered and criminals were imprisoned and executed. It is where the story of Newcastle began; the reason it got its name, and has the most commanding views across the city and the River Tyne.
The Black Gate
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Access to the Castle is via steep and uneven steps, thus access may be difficult for people with mobility impairments.
There is no central heating in the Keep so depending on the time of year the ambient room temperature can vary significantly. Guests should be advised to dress appropriately.
There are limited parking spaces available on the paved area beside the bridge. Further pay parking is available in the surrounding area.
- Arrive to a drinks reception in the Gaol
- Followed by a four-course dinner by your guest chef
- Wine will be given with dinner, and you will have the option of an after-dinner aperitif as well
- You will be given a history of the Castle Keep
- There will be surprise entertainment later in the evening!
- We are currently working with chefs from all over the North East to create four stunning menus, which we will announce soon!
- Dinner on the roof will be weather dependent, should the weather not be suitable, we will move to the Great Hall to continue the evening.
- A vegetarian menu will be on offer for each evening.
Tickets will be on sale Monday 3rd July at £125pp.